P.O. Box 39 Danville, CA 94526
(925) 837-3750
Located at the corner of Railroad and Prospect Avenues in Downtown Danville
 
   

School Programs - Tassajara One Room School

Every spring third graders from throughout the San Ramon Valley have the opportunity to participate in a living history program at the restored one room school in the Tassajara Valley. School marms and school masters conduct an authentic 1888 school day .The school is located at 1650 Finley Road.

In a program designed by Mistress and former teacher Joan Kurtz, the students use slates, learn to cipher, recite from a McGuffey Reader and play nineteenth century games. They dress in period clothes, tie their horses in the stable and eat farm lunches.

The historic Tassajara Grammar School was the second school on Finley Road and served students from 1889 to 1946. The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District owned and maintained the school and grounds until October 2012, when the Museum of the San Ramon Valley acquired ownership of the school.

For information on this program, call Joan Kurtz at 925-837-4182.

For information on Classroom Tours of the Museum, Click Here.

Home | Current Exhibits | Upcoming Exhibits | Permanent Exhibits | Past Exhibits | Walking Tours | Indian Life | One Room School
Local History | Newsletter | Collections | Library | Research | History Articles | Places to Visit | Store | Volunteers | Membership | 1891 Society
Donations | Information | Organization | Directions | Contact Us